Friday, January 11, 2008

My Trip to Shorty's Bar B Q

November is a great time to travel to Florida. The weather at home is starting to turn from the heat of summer to the coolness of fall. Miami is still hot and rockin'. My significant other and I went to Miami and did not know what was waiting for us in regards to dining. We were planning on trying Cuban cuisine since we would be in and around the area of Miami that is known for its great Cuban food. What we were not planning on was eating Bar B Q. We are rather a strange lot, we Texans, we think that the only BBQ that is worth eating is in Texas. I WAS WRONG. Shorty's Bar B Q in downtown Miami was quietly waiting for us to come and partake.

I ordered the rib dinner. It was the best choice. Or so I thought. My significant other chose the combo meal. We shared our meals and they were fantastic. The meats were cooked perfectly to the point that juices were dripping as we cut. The side dishes were very good. Of course, when you eat BBQ, it is all about the meat.

The wait staff was friendly and very helpful. We were strangers when we went in and felt like family as we left.

As we sat at the long tables designed for communal eating, I felt a true sense of community in this establishment.

I hope I get another chance to eat at Shorty's. They made me a believer!

1 comment:

TexSport Publications said...

GREAT PHOTO! I can almost taste their burgers and ribs.